Monday, January 26, 2015

Returning to Our Normal

Friday night hubby and I decided to go out for an unofficial date night and went to a favorite place of ours mine which boasts delicious comfort food (chicken pot pie, meatloaf) served by people dressed as if they stepped out of colonial Willamsburg.  The chairs and tables are pretty old (and small), the floors are uneven, and sometimes the service can be slow but it's how I pictured a busy, popular pub would be; quaint, rustic, and yummy!

Our dinner adventure started with us being lead to a table surrounded by one broken chair and a seat that would have suited a teenager better than myself but I didn't complain.  While hubby switched out his broken seat for one that had all four legs (took two tries) I simply sat down, laughed at the moment, and spent the rest of the evening looking up at my hubby, instead of across.  We ordered, were served some warm bread with blueberry butter, and waited for dinner to arrive.  As we did, we noticed the room we were in kept getting more empty as people were finishing up and heading home. By the time our dinner arrived we were the only ones in our little room, which was quite nice.  Our meals were delicious, and we held hands as we waited for our dessert - peach cobbler a'la mode.  After dinner, we headed home as I wasn't feeling fabulous and heard the calling of my heating pad.  It was a lovely night and gave us a chance to reconnect.

Saturday was also a good day despite the little bit of snow/slush mix we received the previous night.  I was bound and determined NOT to spend the day in the house and since the weather wasn't too bad hubby and I decided to go for a drive.  We spent much of the day in the car singing to music, talking and laughing about things, and once again, reconnecting.  We got home early evening and spent the rest of the day on the couch just lounging, me once again with my heating pad.

Sunday, hubby had a chance to go out with some friends and while that meant he was going to miss a birthday dinner for my dad I told him to go.  The last few weeks have been very hard on us and I've had a couple opportunities to visit with some friends and I didn't want to take that away from hubby as he doesn't get a chance to see his buddies often - and we see my parents quite frequently.  I was happy he was able to go and I apparently got some good wife points from his friends.  

So, life continues and while we're not out of the woods yet so to speak, we're returning to our normal which, for the time being, is sprinkled with bouts of bleeding and time on the couch wrapped up in blankets covered in a heating bad, and holding hands.



      

No comments:

Post a Comment