Wednesday, April 8, 2015

And We're Off!

Baby making has officially resumed.

And I'm scared to death...

I've been in a funk the last week or so and I'm sure that's part of the issue; but I'm not letting that stop me as I know (hope) it's just a temporary state of mind.  Hubby and I have started TTC again with prayers for a better outcome.

While the thought of being pregnant excites me it also terrifies me.  Honestly, the nine months of being pregnant followed by the painful exit terrifies me.  I'm concerned about my anxiety and what that may or may not do to our child and for a period of time my body doesn't only belong to me and I don't know how I'll handle that.  It would be nice if I could take off the belly and let hubby take over every so often but clearly that's not an option.

I get that women's bodies are made for child birth and I do find comfort in the fact that many, many women have birthed multiple babies - so the pain can't be THAT BAD, right?  I also know that in the end I will be alright and things will work out the way they're supposed to.  This is fairly unknown territory and since our first try at this was challenging, you can understand my hesitation.

Thankfully, I have a very supportive network full of friends and family and a phenomenal OBGYN who I know will help me stay strong and do what's best for me and our little one.

I'll be sure to keep you posted!       

No comments:

Post a Comment